The manager and team at Sydney Detox and Rehab were amazing in helping me with detox from alcohol. I feel I can go back to my life with confidence and understanding about my addiction. It will make the transition into sobriety easier.
– Male, Snr. Executive, late 40’s (Alcohol)
- Highly personalised support to address the effects of drinking & help rebuild your life. All our programs are tailor made to suit your lifestyle and needs.
- Counselling and holistic therapies offered. This includes counselling, acupuncture, massage, equine assisted therapy and executive coaching.
What is alcohol addiction?
Alcohol use can often start as a harmless social activity, but can become a significant concern when used daily, in large amounts or when used to cope with stress & problems.
A tolerance to alcohol can develop, which means more and more alcohol is needed to create the same effects.
A person’s brain changes functionally and structurally to the point where judgment & self-control is impaired and it is difficult to stop drinking. People may find that when they try and stop drinking, they experience withdrawal symptoms which makes the decision to stop very difficult.
Some of the most common signs of alcohol addiction are
- Irritability, anxiety and mood swings
- Isolation and distancing from partners, family and friends
- Neglecting responsibilities and obligations, especially in favour of drinking
- Short term memory loss
- Regular binge drinking (7 drinks in a night for men; 5 drinks in night for women) or drinking every single day
- Strain on relationships caused by drinking
- Drinking alone or secret drinking
- Feeling hungover when not drinking
- Making excuses to drink
- Needing to drink to feel normal
- Physical health issues such as gout, cirrhosis, anaemia and high blood pressure
People typically fall into two categories of problem alcohol use- binge drinkers and daily drinkers, both can be highly detrimental to health.
Residential detox and rehabilitation is a significant first step for many to get their lives back on track.
Throughout your detox you will be supported with daily holistic therapies such as massage and counselling, nutritious chef-prepared meals and enjoyable activities such as beach walks. A program will be tailor made to your needs.
Rehabilitation is recommended after the detox phase, so that you can understand your addiction and develop the tools & resources to live a fulfilling life without the burden of addiction