- Sydney Detox and Rehab offers medically supervised detox and rehab programs, specially designed around each clients individual needs and goals
- We offer priority admission so that you can get help with your opioid addiction when you need it, which is usually ASAP
- Comfort and luxury is important and we ensure the highest level of care during your detox and rehab stay with us
What are opioids?
Opioids are a class of drugs that inhibit pain signals in the body and can produce a feeling of euphoria. They include both legal and illegal drugs.
- Prescription drugs such as Oxycodone, Tramadyl, Codeine and Fentadyl, which are typically used for pain management
- Prescribed drugs such as Methadone and Buprenorphine, used to for opioid maintenance for individuals with opioid dependence disorder and for chronic or severe pain management
- Illegal opioids such as heroin and opium
Whilst prescribed opioids can be useful for pain management and other medical reasons, individuals can find themselves quickly becoming dependent on these drugs because of their addictive properties. In fact, many more people in Australia are addicted to prescribed opioids than illegal opioids such as heroin.
Do I have an addiction to opioids?
Opioids are highly addictive drugs. Even when drugs such as oxycodone and tramadol are prescribed by doctors, the euphoria & pain suppression they give can lead patients to take more than the recommended dose. The person’s system builds up a tolerance and needs more and more of the drug to get the same feeling of relief they initially felt. They can start having overwhelming cravings for the drug and experience uncomfortable symptoms when they try and stop (known as withdrawal symptoms). The continued use of these opioids changes the brain and behaviour, the user becomes hooked and cannot stop using even if they try.
Heroin is an especially addictive opioid, and many users have to move onto a medically supervised opioid maintenance program that substitutes the heroine for a managed opiate such as buprenorphine or methadone, because the urge to use is so strong and the risk of overdose during relapse very high.
Signs that you may be addicted to heroin, Oxycodone, Tramadyl, Fentadyl or other opioids:
- Your life revolves around seeking out the drug and using the drug-related
- Secretive behaviour or hiding use from family and friends
- Isolating self from family, friends, colleagues and social situations
- Financial issues
- Inability to maintain work, family and social obligations
- Problems with memory and disorientation
- Risky behaviour
- Inability to feel pain
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Reduced personal hygiene and change in appearance
- Reduced or lack of interest in activities or interests previously enjoyed
- Liver and kidney damage
Do I need treatment at a detox and rehab when I come off Oxycodone, heroine and other opioids?
When an addicted person tries to stop or go “cold turkey” from opiates, they will experience a range of withdrawal symptoms as their body adjusts to the lack of the substance in their body that they’ve come to rely on. These withdrawal symptoms can range from mild to severe. Residential medically supervised detox and rehab in a safe & supportive environment is highly recommended to minimise the dangers and help reduce the risk of relapse.
Withdrawal symptoms from opioids include:
- Strong anxiety
- Irritability and feelings of anger
- Overwhelming cravings to use
- Extreme sweating, especially at night
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Muscles aches and pains
- Racing heartbeat
Medically supervised detox and rehab at Sydney Detox and Rehab
Sydney Detox and Rehab offers medically supervised detox that is overseen by an experienced medical team and takes place in a comfortable, luxury setting. Nursing staff are on hand 24/7 during the withdrawal phase to monitor your health and wellbeing
In order to better understand your addiction and health needs our medical admissions team will conduct a thorough assessment and create a tailor-made treatment plan. You may be prescribed medications to help ease the withdrawal symptoms during detox.
Our specially trained staff ensure the privacy and comfort of your detox and rehab stay.
A holistic treatment approach
Sydney Detox and Rehab offers a holistic approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment. We take a maximum of 4 clients to ensure privacy and highly personalised care. Your bespoke treatment program is designed to suit your individual needs. Clients can elect to stay with us for a 7 day detox or up to 28 days for detox and addiction rehabilitation.
Our in-house chef takes care of your nutrition with a personalized food plan made to your tastes.
Massage, acupuncture and a personal training helps you to relax, strengthen your body and ease the detox process.
Daily psycho-educational sessions, counselling and executive coaching help you understand the underlying needs that drove your addiction. We are keen to support you with the steps necessary to develop healthy relationships, habits and coping strategies.
Our program also offers enjoyable activities such as kayaking, African drumming sessions, equine assisted learning, golf and sound meditation, so that you can start to experience what it feels like to have a good time without being under the influence of substances.
Sydney Detox and Rehab offers an invaluable first step in helping you create a life beyond the grasp of addiction.
Take the first step
The friendly team at Sydney Detox and Rehab is easily accessible by phone and email and happy to respond to any questions and enquiries that you may have. Our team is highly experienced in providing support to clients and their loved ones
Contact us today to see how we can help you begin to create a life that works for you.